Monday, January 6, 2014

Review of Ruth's Chris Steakhouse


Ruth's Chris Steak House in Weehawken, New Jersey is praised for it's food and known for its cost. Tonight I had the privilege of eating at this steak house.  This is my story: (Did you catch the Law and Order: SVU reference?)

When I pulled up to the restaurant, the valet took my car. I have never used valet parking before, but it seemed as though there was no other convenient option.  Ordinarily, I would mind, but given the frigid temperatures, I was not going to complain about having less of a walk to the restaurant.  I, along with five others, had a reservation, so we were immediately seated while a slew of people offered to check our coats.  Once we were settled in, a waiter presented our menus.  For a steak house, there was a good selection of items.  I settled on the Ruth's Classic, which gave me options for a starter, entree, side, and dessert. 

Starter: 

Steak House Salad with Oil and Vinegar


When the salad was served, they had forgotten the oil and vinegar.  The waiter immediately went to get it when I reminded him, though.  The salad was okay.  I personally prefer a different type of salad.  The portion was good though.  


Entree: 

Filet Mignon 

The filet mignon was amazing. However, it was slightly more red than I expected for a medium cooked piece.  The plate that it was served on was 400 degrees Fahrenheit.  So eat this with caution!

Side: 

Mashed Potatoes

These were probably the creamiest mashed potatoes I have ever eaten.  They were, in short, AH-MAY-ZING.  They had just a hint of garlic, and were so good.  Ruth's Chris should make a version heavier on the garlic.  They would probably win awards for their mashed potatoes.  No joke. 

Dessert: 

Mini Chocolate Sin Cake with Assorted Fruit

While the desert was extremely tiny, it followed a rather large meal.  I did not think I would have room for desert after its predecessors, but I could not resist.  This cake did not contain any flour.  The result is a cake that has the consistency of a very creamy fudge.  This was so good.  The fruit was a perfect complement.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

© tibsar, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena